I live in a mountain valley in western Colorado (USA). My husband of over fifty years and I love this little corner of the world. We have experienced several “dystopian” events, such as starvation when there was no work, and all the money needed to go to rent; a tornado that left us homeless; a series of financial misadventures that left us homeless again, where we lived in the mountains in the snow because the homeless shelters at that time did not accept families; and recently a forest fire that threatened our home.
We are survivors. There is little the world can throw at us that we cannot weather. We depend completely on the Lord to see us through, and he has never let us down.
Many people have gone through devastating events in their lives. So do my heroines. I put them in a potentially unsurvivable situation, and watch them see it through. So can you, my fellow Dystopians.
If you would like to contact me, please feel free. I respond to all emails.
It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to us, in the circumstances set out below.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
• we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), Patricia Renard scholes is the “data controller.”
Personal Data we collect via our website Patricia-Renard-Scholes.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide:
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
Activity Types of Personal Data Collected
When you sign-up to:
• receive updates about Patricia Scholes’ new releases.
Types of personal data collected:
• Email address
• Country (occasionally)
Data that we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of our website;
• respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
• improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us.
32222 Hwy 550 #19
Durango CO 81301